This is the opening sentence of Clementine, a book by Sara Pennypacker that Lindsay is currently reading. It is also a fitting opener for this blog post ;-).
By all accounts, it should have been a great week:
- My nephew turned 16 and we went to a fun party for him.
- I made some serious headway in my job search, though I am not ready to announce it yet. With all of the ridiculous situations during this job search, I am a little jaded but hopeful about the possibilities.
- I had lunch twice this past week with a two good friends. I had a great conversation on the phone with another.
- Chris made arrangements to come home during the week of Halloween.
- We got into a pretty good groove with homework.
- In her soccer game, Lindsay scored 1 goal, blocked 2 goals as goalie and won the coveted “Hustle Helmet.”
- I had a much-needed (and fun!) “girls’ night in” on Saturday with some friends, cocktails and pizza.
Yup, it would’ve been excellent … if it wasn’t for the poison ivy. On my face. I knew that poison ivy sucked but who knew that it sucked this bad? After …
- 1 week
- 1 swollen eye
- 2 trips to the doctor
- 2 prescriptions for prednisone
- repeated doses of Claritin, Benadryl and Zantac and
- endless applications of Caladryl
… it is less itchy and drying out but I still look like a freak show. Honestly. And with 2 girls very busy with swimming, Girl Scout events, soccer games, birthday parties … there’s no hiding out for me.
Hmph. Maybe I should borrow Lindsay’s Hustle Helmet. That might distract people from noticing my face.
Ever had a poison ivy rash? Or look like a freak show? Had not so good of a week? Please chime in! I’d love to hear from you!